Join Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom and celebrate Earth Day this month! The very first Earth Day was observed in April 1970, and April 22, 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.
While many of you are engaging with our Everyday Agriculture lessons and Eggs in the Classroom video series, we want you to think about the connections you, your family, and agriculture has with our shared environment. Even better, if you participate in our Earth Day Challenge, you’ll have a chance to win some fun mail full of Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom learning resources and an “Earth Day is Every Day on the Farm” t-shirt!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Wednesday in April, Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom will issue the weekly Earth Day Challenge activity. Reply with your response in the comments section of the original Facebook post to enter the Challenge.
- There will be four challenges in April:
- Week 1: Wednesday, April 1 – Tuesday, April 7
- Week 2: Wednesday, April 8 – Tuesday, April 14
- Week 3: Wednesday, April 15 – Tuesday, April 21
- Week 4 (Grand Prize Challenge): Wednesday, April 22 – Tuesday, April 28
- You may enter the Challenge once per week. We will draw Challenge winners weekly, and any entries submitted during Week 1 through 3 PLUS your entry during Week 4 will also be entered into the drawing for the Week 4 Grand Prize.
- Weekly challenges will open on Wednesday of each week and close at 11:59pm on the following Tuesday. Winners will be announced on the next Wednesday, at the same time IAITC announces the next challenge.
- Facebook comments count as an entry for the Challenge Prize. Only one entry per Facebook user per week. Weekly Challenge Prize winners will be selected at random.
- The Challenge Prize will include a variety of Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom learning resources and an “Earth Day is Every Day on the Farm” t-shirt.
- Entries must include all requested components that are issued in the weekly Challenge.
- This Challenge is open to U.S. residents only.